SW-6

What would be the best place you have ever lived?

I am thinking back to a time when everyone looked out for each other, no bullying, we all got along, the streets were kept clean, lawns mowed, parades, block parties, community picnics, all of it.  Dayton OH.

Favorite Answer

I grew up in Columbus and my family moved to Dayton when I was in my teens. I very much dislike the place.  It has next to nothing to offer. Fortunately, I was about to go away to college, so I didn't have to spend much time there. I visit relatives there frequently and my opinion hasn't changed.

I've lived all over the country and abroad.  I am currently in Chicago and love it -- a  spectacular, world-class city with fabulous cultural amenities -- but I adored Boston, Philadelphia, and Rome, too.

I grew up in a small town in the Poconos in northeastern Pennsylvania. It's nothing like it was 30 years ago, but it was a great place to grow up. 

The house I’m living in now is, worked my áss off to get it.

I  have lived in New York,  Seattle and Japan.....(and now live in Italy) ...and all 3 are awesome and great......... but New York is  one of a kind. 

(Italy is NOT that great.......it's a great place to VISIT .....but living here is annoying as hell. ) 

Where I live is just fine.  I have lived here all my life.

Where I live now.  Moved here in 2010.  I live in NC, in a small town near the Virginia border.  I like the people a lot and I like the climate and the land is beautiful.