2018 Camry with 105000 miles or 2016 Camry with 44000 miles. Both are around the same price.?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • arther
    Lv 5
    2 weeks ago

the one with 44000 miles

• Shark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

take the one with lower miles

• F
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I’d find out how the two year old car did 105 000 miles. Sounds like a taxi. Avoid.

• 2 months ago

Get 2016 Toyota Camry values, consumer reviews, safety ratings, and find ... Better yet, Toyota refreshed the Camry for 2015, and did not redesign the car until 2018. Therefore, you can cross-shop a 2016 Camry with both the 2015 and 2017 The Camry Hybrid returns effortlessly impressive gas mileage, and may also cost 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

One thing you can do to determine which is a better deal is call your insurance agent and ask him/her what the replacement value of each vehicle would be if they were totaled tomorrow.  (Get the VINs from the cars in question so the agent has all the specifics and) the agent should be able to answer that question.  Then you'd have a better idea what they're "really worth" if you're trying to determine which to buy.

• 2 months ago

Lower miles mean just that; Lower miles. It does not mean it's better. You have no idea how it's been driven. People keep looking at miles but it only tells part of the story.  The 2018 is a newer design and is better tech, safer, and more economical. It's due for 100k mile service . Make sure it gets done. Also, get all service records.

The problem with lower miles is if you go strictly by miles when determining intervals, you ignore parts go bad by age. A 2016 with 44k miles is still a 4 year old car with 4 year old parts and will need servicing because of this. Aging belts, hoses, and possibly fluids and tires may need to be changed regardless of miles. Still a good buy, but things to consider. The mileage crowd tends to miss these points, which is why low mileage, older cars tend to be neglected. If you only put 11,000 miles a year on a car, to be serviced in a certain timeframe even if the mileage limit isn't met. Regardless, they are Camrys and should last a long time. Have them inspected either way.

Update: Not sure why the thumbs down. "Low mileage is better" is a myth. It depends on how it was driven and maintained. Just ask anyone who knows cars. It was something passed down from generation to generation. today's cars are much better. 100k miles is nothing on a modern car and most can easily attain 200K miles. Do a search on the topic and you'll see what I mean. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Gotta do a full inspection. There could be mechanical issues or scratches or dents or maybe it was poorly maintained or something went wrong. Usually people try to get as much as they can when selling a car so I would be cautious but I would hope the 2016 is in okay shape

• 2 months ago

Choose the 2018 Camry. 

• 2 months ago

Car with less miles, unless the newer one is a next generation car, which I wouldn't know because I think Toyotas suck.

• 2 months ago

Take the one with the lower miles.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.