Should I use "Miracle grow garden soil" in my garden and still call it organic?

I have three, 20 lb bags of it

Update:

Awful "answers" so far with absolutely nothing of value mentioned.

Update 2:

Thank you Anonymous.. the best answer, well, at least yet!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The materials that make up Miracle Grow are in fact natural minerals. They are good for plants and not harmful. It is the sprays and other chemicals that are used to control insects and diseases that make a garden non organic..

Good ahead and use the Miracle Grow and not worry. It will not harm you in any way.

• 2 months ago

if the "Miracle-Gro" garden soil is not labeled "organic" or "OMRI-certified" on the bag, than it most likely contains standard Miracle-Gro fertilizer in it, which is not approved for organic production. 

That doesn't mean it's bad, it's perfectly fine for growing flowers or vegetables and is not harmful in any way. But to meet organic standards, all pesticides and fertilizers generally have to be naturally derived, and Miracle-Gro is not. 

If you're not selling your produce, than it doesn't really matter anyway. 

• gerald
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Organic is natural no artificial man made chemicals just the soil and a bit of horse muck maybe , three 20lb bags ? Wow take your time digging it .

• 2 months ago

Organic just means that it was grown in the ground it doesn't mean that the ground is fully natural it's a big misnomer.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Call it what you like it's good stuff.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.