Kia Forte 2013 Clicking/rattle?

There is an obnoxious rattle coming from somewhere... I think it might be this thingie under the glove box... but I have no idea what it is or where it's supposed to!

Attachment image

2 Answers

  • Geo
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    Kia calls it an AIR DAMPER ASSEMBLY- GLOVE. It's supposed to be attached to a lower leg on the glove box. But as you know no glove box has a return mechanism, meaning it closes itself. Look underneath to see if it the lower leg it broken off or if it just needs a retainer clip. I really don't know why they use that. You can open and close it without it, right? If the leg is broken just remove it so it doesn't rattle.

  • 2 months ago

    That looks like the glovebox return mechanism. Push the walls of the glove box in to drop it down farther and hook the return back up to the box.

    Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.