Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBoxing · 2 months ago

Do you think Sugar Ray Robinson is the greatest   boxer of all time?

Favorite Answer

Yes. He was the epitome of pound for pound and he was a total package who could do it all. He was a legend amongst legends . Ali admired and tried to emulate Walker Smith Jr bka Sugar Ray Robinson. He could punch move take a punch and he fought everybody. He was one of a kind. 

• Mier

Overrated to me.

No, I think Sugar Ray Leonard; he had it all, power, foot speed, hand speed like no other ever.

Definitely Top 3

Hands Down the greatest Pound-for-Pound fighter that ever step in the Ring. The Epitome of boxing. The Complete Package. No IFS, ANDS or BUTS about it. PERIOD!! Every professional fighter and Boxing Historians knows this.

You mean in his weight class. Given different weight classes, you can't tell. All that can be said is who is among the best.

This is not like golf,where age and weight don't matter.

No.

That title is Iron Mike Tyson.

Ali was THE GREATEST

but i wasn't around in that era as a kid to witness how great he was,  instead I got to see Mike Tyson's amazing demolition job on the heavyweight division from the mid 80s to 91.  That was fun.

• Adam

P4p yes. My grandad brought me up on the older fighters and we watched loads of sugar Ray Robinson fights. He was top class

Depends on how you're measuring boxers because there are boxers that have had over 200 wins and significantly few losses like Willie pep. There are also fighters that have set the record for beating the most hall of famers in their prime. It's important to also consider the fact that not every boxer box against every opponent that was in their prime. To truly see who the greatest of all time is you have to compare that boxer to another boxer based on the criteria that if both boxers traded places who would be superior. Also keep in mind that some boxers have been dominant and suffer losses because they went up a weight class but if they would have stayed in the same weight class their win-loss record would be significantly better. I personally think guys like Pac-Man and Roy Jones should be on top of the list just because think about how they dominated and went up weights. also guys like sugar Ray Robinson and sugar Ray Leonard were legendary for being belt collectors

Who cares only heavyweights matter in 

boxing ? 

Key boy Florence the greatest smith