I can’t afford art school what should I do?

Hello, my name is Eren Castro and I am worried I won’t be a successful artist if I don’t go to a good art school. I already have a pretty good art portfolio, but the problem is paying off the school. Art schools cost around as much as a brand new car and my parents struggle to pay that. I don’t wanna end up with massive student debt, especially when art schools don’t guarantee a career after graduating. I’ve been planing to attend at UT Austin for a BFA, but I feel like It won’t have the best opportunities or connections like It would in a art school in NY or LA. I know that you don’t need to go to an art school to be a successful artist, but it helps you a lot when it comes to getting into the right direction. I want to become an contemporary artist, but I feel like I would have better chance of getting in that if I went to a good art institution. Please help and thank you.

• John

Art schools don't turn regular folks into artists, they just turn already artists into  hopefully BETTER artists. And many of them will admit just anybody just to get tuition.

Every artist I know who makes a living at it was self taught. 

Go to a community college that has  art classes. Transfer into a state college with an art program after 2 years and also study something you can actually get a job doing. . Get student loan assistance

I went to art school...at my graduation i realized i could have learned the same thing on video tutorials..i and i didnt get connected even though i tried.  you just need a portfolio and to apply everywhere