Liberals say we should tolerate everything. Did we end slavery in the United States by showing "tolerance" for the slave holders...?

@Leo

No, it's not gibberish. It's just difficult to answer when one of the top messages we hear from the left is we need to be more tolerant. 

@Sordenhiemer

Yes they do, Yes they do! Why is it dishonest people avoid honest conversations?

@Anonymous

Correct, we did not end slavery by being tolerant of slave holders. Hence, there are things (many things) that we should not tolerate. That is why preaching a message of tolerance is ridiculous. 

@Grumpy

Fair enough... For me personally, I do not find those things offensive. Therefor being tolerant doesn't even come into play. But for the masses, we either tolerate everything or we tolerate nothing. I vote for the former. 

• Grumpy
    Favorite Answer

Conservatives say we should tolerate the confederate flags and monuments. Not liberals. So I pose the same question to you.

depends on what theyre tolerating

Actually, yes.  If we had said we were going to kill them or put them in prison, then they would have kept fighting, and slavery would have continued longer.  The war, and slavery, ended when they did because the supporters of slavery had the opportunity to surrender and remain alive and free.

• Leo

The question is gibberish.

Liberals say no such thing.

This is the dumbest question I've seen on here in awhile. I hope you have therapy scheduled before January 20th.

To answer your drivel... no, we did not end slavery by showing tolerance for slave holders.

No.. liberals don't say that. Liberals generally have very little tolerance for racists and bigots. Given the history of this nation, you'd have to be pretty messed up not to. Yet here we are.