Which is the highest-class hobby: liking cars, liking trains or liking planes?

I have several friends who love aviation and airplanes; they even go to the airport and watch planes. They're all white-collar professionals.

I know a few people who love trains.  They're from a range of backgrounds.

I don't know anyone who loves cars, although friends have nice ones.  

Which is the highest-class interest and which is the lowest-class interest: planes, trains or cars?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

People who like cars might have one or a couple they own, or be like Jay Leno.

People who like planes are more likely to only own one, or share one.

I do not know of anyone who owns their own train (except for models or a single car.), much less a railway to run it on.  I guess those people would be the most exclusive.   But that may not translate into being high class.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Liking  trains, planes, automobiles; or Playing with Toys?

I personally don't collect Hot Wheels. Even though some make $ on it. Nor do I play with model trains.

I go to car show's, restore old cars/motorcycles. I Ride on Real trains, visit  museums of Real locomotives.

I was in an A & P class, we Fixed Real 737s, Pipers, Cessnas. Flew in a 1928 Ford Trimotor too.

Gomez  Addams said it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMxJtMoTnx8

Youtube thumbnail

• 3 months ago

Well we know that Jay Leno loves cars and costs a fortune and Sheldon cooper loves

trains and John Travolta loves plains . The rest of us drive our car or take Sky Train

to the airport so that we can fly on planes to exotic places.

• 3 months ago

A better hobby would be posting Polls & Surveys questions IN the Polls & Surveys section. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • F
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

People who “like” cars tend to own one and enjoy driving it. People who “like” trains and planes are spotters, and are generally ridiculed by normal people.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Dictatorship.  Not many people can say they have their own country.

• 3 months ago

Aircraft are the most expensive to acquire and maintain and you have to have a brain to fly them. Watercraft can be expensive depending on your idea of a big boat. Automobiles can be expensive depending on your choice of vehicles. I like classics versus the new plastic cars. 

If I had the money, I'd buy a MIG jet or maybe an F series jet and a late WWII or Korean war era US tank. A tank or warbird is the ultimate transportation.

• 3 months ago

Probably planning polo.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.