Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo MessengerOther - Yahoo Messenger · 2 months ago

Can I say “Eager beaver” here? And how to write this paragraph better?

“Mario’s has declined greatly in their food quality and service quality. Last time I came here the spaghetti was not only undercooked but had a strand of hair in it. The waitresses aren’t exactly eager beavers. They are quite the opposite of an eager beaver. They prefer standing around talking to each other and moping around sighing like they don’t wish to be there. The waitresses don’t know what they’re doing either and have a lack of Customer Service skills. Mario’s is now boring and kind of depressing.”

Favorite Answer

I don’t see anything wrong with ‘eager beavers’!

“Mario’s has declined greatly in their food and service quality. Last time I visited the spaghetti was both undercooked and had a strand of hair in it. The waitresses weren’t exactly eager beavers. On the contrary. They seemed to prefer standing around chatting and moping and sighing with an air of wishing they were somewhere else. Nor did they seem to know what they were doing, and their want of Customer Service skills was all too evident. Mario’s now has a boring, depressing and altogether uninviting ambience”.