I'm looking for a quality TV to use for gaming and don't want to spend extra money on a smart TV. What brands/models should I look in to?

I would prefer to stay under $300, but going a little over isn't a huge deal.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

meander in thrift shops.they get sometimes high quality stuff dumped during a move,death in family etc,50 bucks may get you the deal of the millenium

• 2 months ago

A gaming monitor

• 2 months ago

$300 can get you a 55 inch non-smart tv like RCA.

• 2 months ago

Honestly, you’re not going find a good “quality” TV without smart features. Smart TVs aren’t considered even optional at this point.

That being said, while the budget is low for a good gaming TV I would like at the Vizio M Series Quantum, TCL 6 Series, Hisense H8G (preferably H9G if you wanted the best).

Those TVs will give you a good picture that you wouldn’t get at the price points from that of Samsung, LG or Sony.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Spendng less than $300 is likely to get you a piece of junk at best. 

• 3 months ago

You can't not get smart tv these days.

The 120 Hz in your price range is irrelevant. Gaming mode turns that off and you can't put a 120 Hz signal into the TV anyway.

You don't say a size.  Look into Vizio mid range (higher the letter, better the tv.  M is about the middle)  There are a couple Chinese brands that are doing fairly well now.  Look into those.  Pay attention to TV input lag. The time an input from you shows up on the TV.  lower the better.

• P
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Be mindful in that price range you won't get anything above 60hz and darker scenes can look washed out without full local array dimming.   That said getting those two features cost a ton of money and are not worth it for most people, but you should be aware of them.  Everything is a "smart" tv so you don't save anything by trying to cut that out.

Your best bet is this $300 55 inch TCL:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tcl-55-class-4-series...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.