Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesSeattle · 3 months ago

I’m not a native speaker, can you make my English sound native(important note)?

“ I’ve been to the Applebee’s on Kimber Blvd a few times. It’s hit or miss. One day you’ll have a good experience, one day it’ll stink. I remember once, before pandemic,  I ate with my brother. They seated us at a booth and the window beside the booth was filthy. It had barbecue sauce on it and a piece food was sticking on window. (There was a dead bug on the table too but I didn’t even mention that to them.) The waitress told me falsehood and said they have tried to clean the window multiple time, and they couldn’t get window clean. I went to the bathroom and got a wet towel and cleaned window no trouble, with ease. When I showed the waitress the clean window, she condescendingly say “good job”. We almost up and leave. The manager asked us please stay and the manager their self served us. I forget her name but she told me she use to work in Walt Cove and we talked about different businesses in Walt Cove. Managing a restaurant is no bed of roses, and She did spectacular job and the burgers were pretty tasty. I might recommend Kimber Blvd Applebee’s but I have some hesitation. Seems you have negative experience more than positive experience.”

Favorite Answer

I've been to the Applebee's on Kimber Blvd a few times, and so far I have found the restaurant to be very hit or miss. One day we will have a good experience, another it will leave a lot to be desired.

The worst was when my brother and I went for a meal. We were seated in a booth by the window, our area was absolutely filty. I mentioned this to the server and was given a less than acceptable excuse for the uncleanliness. I actually went to the washroom and came back with a wet towel and tried to clean the mess myself. The server was not impressed and we nearly left then and there. The manager came out and took care of our order herself, to try to make up for the inconvenience, and we had a pleasant talk regarding the area. She did a lovely job, and the burgers were pretty tasty. I will say that I still hesitate to recommend this applebee's as it seems that I have had more negative than positive to say regarding the restaurant and service.

“ I’ve been to the Applebee’s on Kimber Blvd a few times. It’s hit or miss. One day you’ll have a good experience, another it’ll stink. I remember once, before the pandemic,  I had a meal there with my brother. They seated us at a booth. The window next to it was filthy. Barbecue sauce was splattered on it and a piece food attached. (On the table too there was a dead bug but I didn’t bother to mention that to them). The waitress lied and told me they tried to clean the window multiple times, but couldn’t get it clean. I went to the bathroom, got a wet towel and cleaned the window with complete ease. When I showed the waitress the clean window, she condescendingly said “good job”. We were on the point of getting up and leaving when the manager entreated us to stay. She herself served us. I forget her name but she told me she used to work in Walt Cove. We chatted about different businesses in Walt Cove. Managing a restaurant is no bed of roses, and she did a fantastic job  and the burgers were pretty tasty. I might recommend Kimber Blvd Applebee’s but I do have some reservations. The negative side of my experience exceeded the positive”.