Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Profiles · 4 months ago

How can I write this better?

I have to include 2 idioms, I picked “You can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs” & “That ship has sailed”. It’s got to be about a negative experience. 

This is what I got.

“I have been to this particular subway 3 times. The first 2 times were pretty bad, to say the least. The lettuce was brown or starting to brown and there were several vegetables thrown in with other vegetables. Most of the employees seemed like they didn’t care, though there are a couple employees who seem like they do. there’s a boy who works here with shorter hair. Not sure his name but he’s got a smart mouth and he could care less about doing a good job. On my 3rd and final visit, the boy with short hair pulled down his face mask and started making my sub. I told him I wanted someone else to make my sub and he asked if I was the mask police and snickered at me. I rarely ever say anyone is bad, but that boy is not a good employee. Quite the contrary. I say this subway needs to get rid of a few employees. They have a couple good ones, it seems. But in order to better themselves, they need to get rid of a few. You can’t make an omelette without breaking some eggs, right? I spoke with one of the managers on the phone and they said they would like me to give them one more chance but I’m sorry, that ship has sailed. I won’t be giving this subway anymore chances. Maybe 6 months or a year from now, when they’ve realized who they need there and who they don’t. Good luck, management.”

Favorite Answer

“Three times I have been to this particular Subway. The first two were pretty bad, to say the least. The lettuce was brown or starting to brown and the mix of vegetables was incongruous. Most of the employees had an air of not caring, and too few seemed like they did. There’s the short-haired young lad whose name I don’t know. He’s lippy and couldn’t care one iota about his job, much less doing a good one. On my third and final visit, he pulled down his face mask and started making my sub. On telling him him I wanted someone else to make my sub, he asked whether I was the mask police, and snickered at me. I rarely ever condemn anyone as bad, but that boy is most decidedly not a good employee. He is quite the opposite. I have no hesitation in saying that this Subway needs to rid themselves of their bad apples. The few good ones they have are not enough to sustain their image and repute. To better themselves, they have no recourse but to shed their bad employees. You can’t make an omelette without breaking  eggs, right? I spoke with one of the managers on the phone and he asked me to give them one more chance. Alas! That ship has sailed and I couldn’t oblige. I won’t be giving this Subway anymore chances. Maybe I’ll review the situation in six months or a year from now, when they’ve clarified who they need there and who they don’t. Good luck, management.”