Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentTechnology · 2 months ago

is it realistic I can get a full time job in my situation around 50,000 dollars?

I am a 26 year old male who lives in the dc area. Right now I have to live with my parents due to a low income job. The job I am at now is editing police videos. Its similar to something like data entry because its the same thing over and over again. 

I have a bachelors degree in video editing which I realize was a mistake. I have a minor in business. In the last week I got a technical certificate from a community college in java programming. I have self published 30 iOS Apps online. I have a lot of background in swift and java. Anyway since 2018 when I graduated from undergrad it has been a nightmare applying for jobs. I have applied for around 900 jobs.I have not gotten a full time job offer for something that makes over 30,000. My parents are obviously upset at my lack of opportunities I am angry at my self. When I was 16 I had no idea how hard it would be to afford a 1 bedroom apartment. My plan is I am going to try to get a certification in java programming from oracle and attempt to get a associates degree in computer science from this community college. I am hoping that this certificate I just got along with my degree will give me a chance to earn  more money. I spend a lot of time working on the iOS apps I have developed which has shown some income potential but I am not making over 1000 dollars yet but next year it might happen it gives me some hope. Also I have a credit score of around 700 and no criminal record. 

You may be able to get a better job, but you may have to work your way up to it in a year or two.