Ron asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesGMC · 2 months ago

IS THE BLUE WIRE ON MY 2004 ESCALADE?

• Evil C

I'm sure there's at lease a few blue wires. No seriously wtf kind of incoherent question is this? Let me see if my crystal ball has the answer. Sorry, my sense of clairvoyance isn't up to speed. JFC!

• fuzzy

There will be a light Blue for left front turn and a dark Blue for right front turn, and no doubt a hundred others throughout the vehicle

No doubt there is a blue wire and a blue wire with a white strip, a blue wire with a yellow strip, a blue wire with a green strip, a blue wire with a black strip, a blue wire with a red strip.

Then there are other combinations like a green wire with a blue strip.

This is called "color coding". Blue wires might be for lighting and the different strips tell what lights they are for. It could be they are for sound or maybe the climate control.

So yes- there are blue wires in your Escalade. But seldom on it. It would make a vehicle look ugly to have a bunch of wires on it.

Don't cut the blue wire!