Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 4 months ago

University ?

Hi, I’m 14 and I’m from Italy, I want to live and go to university in US but it is so expensive, I have only 6000$ in my bank, is it possible to go at US university? Can I live permanently in US only with green card?

Favorite Answer

No, that's not nearly enough money for even one semester for an out-of-country tuition, and students aren't allowed to get jobs out in the community. A few lucky ones can get a job on campus. 

You might want to research student exchange programs - maybe something there. 

It is not possible for you, because you just said that you want to permanently in the U.S.  One of the main requirements for getting a student visa, or even getting to visit the U.S., is that you must intend to stay only for the allowed amount of time and then leave, without staying permanently.