Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 4 months ago

University ?

Hi, I’m 14 and I’m from Italy, I want to live and go to university in US but it is so expensive, I have only 6000$ in my bank, is it possible to go at US university? Can I live permanently in US only with green card?

2 Answers

  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    No, that's not nearly enough money for even one semester for an out-of-country tuition, and students aren't allowed to get jobs out in the community. A few lucky ones can get a job on campus. 

    You might want to research student exchange programs - maybe something there. 

  • 4 months ago

    It is not possible for you, because you just said that you want to permanently in the U.S.  One of the main requirements for getting a student visa, or even getting to visit the U.S., is that you must intend to stay only for the allowed amount of time and then leave, without staying permanently.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.