Anonymous

Can you have two active US passports at once? [for Tel Aviv and Beirut]?

I would looove to go to Lebanon and visit Beirut some time in the next few years but I’m about to study abroad in Tel Aviv and I know that Lebanon doesn’t allow people with Israeli passport stamps to enter so I was wondering if I could get another passport for a trip to Lebanon, but that’s expensive. I also heard that you can ask the border agent to stamp on another piece of paper that can fold into the passport. I just don’t want any problems though bc that might sound suspicious especially since I look kind of Arab (ppl have confused me for Arab multiple times in the states but I’m actually Latina)

Anyway yeah I’d love to be able to visit both cities. I love Arab culture and Israeli culture I speak some Arabic and I’m taking Hebrew in college rn! And I’ve watched Arab and Israeli tv shows and have some music from both in my library as well and have read both the Qur’an and the Tanakh on a spiritual journey (I myself am Daoist now) I just love the history and culture from all around the Middle East and I’d hate to make a problem bc I know it’s such a tense issue.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

• hihi!
    Favorite Answer

Israel KNOWS their country is a pariah. They DO NOT stamp your passport, but give you a visa-like printout replete with your image on the paper. You DO NOT affix it into your passport. Just hold on to it... as you will never need it... but maybe!

No, you can't have two passports from the same country at the same time. I don't know about having a piece of paper stamped.