I am studying computer science 2nd year, can I master in civil engineering?

I am currently in my second year of computer science, however I have realised that I have an extreme passion for civil engineering. I would 100% like to work as a construction engineer or something similar. I would like to know what I can do to transition into that field, I was wondering if it’s possible to do a masters in civil engineering? If I could would that give me the possibility to become a Qualified civil 

engineer?  

If I could get more info on what I could do I would really appreciate it. I have 0 interest in programming and hate it. Construction management is my passion  

• Judy

Check  with the school you'd like to attend.  You'd have to take a lot of prerequisite courses to be admitted to grad school.

• Alex

There are often cases where it's a natural progression to major in one thing, then get a masters in something else.  What you will want to do is contact an advisor in the school that you want to get your masters degree from, let that person know your plans, and ask for recommendations.  They may suggest a couple of extra courses or recommend a particular minor to go along with your major.  Now is an excellent time for planning that!

• Scott

I’m not sure about the UK, but in the USA there are certain pre-requisite courses to get into a graduate program in engineering. Some of those courses you will already have completed. Calculus one and two would be an example.