Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What do men, who don't like women in the work place, make of women who enjoy working in Front Line?

positions, like Nurses, Surgeons, Police, Military, Life Boat, 24/7 CCTV Control Rooms, Social Care, Elderly Care etc..... 

Favorite Answer

I have no problem with women in the workplace. Medical, fire, rescue, social or elderly care, such personnel,  regardless of gender, are heroes and deserve our thanks, and MUCH higher pay and social standing. I am in fact not entirely certain that their professional organizations should not be given the power of actual state bodies.

For instance, I would trust public health decisions by a council of nurses (and to a lesser extent, doctors) FAR more then those of a gang of political thugs and crooks (in your country, Conservatives or the pretend-"left" Labourites).

However, police, military, and PARTICULARLY those who spy on the public (your friends in the "control rooms"), of ANY gender, are either themselves foul and despicable enemies of the people, or are led by such (as in the military).

It takes a VERY special kind of stupid to have a different response to *either* valiant, necessary and heroic people, OR to vicious, barely human, enforcers or  administrators of capitalist dictatorship, just because they pee standing up or sitting down.

• Foofa

TBH the few men who hold this attitude probably don't think women should be allowed to work anywhere (except at home, only on domestic chores and without pay). 

problem is many women are not up to the job 

... but for PC reasons no one will ever say the facts... I as a repair man had to cover the lacking of my fellow female repair worker and was chastised for pointing out the lack of good workmanship 

there are women who are totally capable.... not because they are women but because they do the job,,, many women have the job not because they are capable but to fill politically correct quotas 

nice list but very PC there  how about septic pumping sewer worker ditch diggers etc 

When I was growing up, we had a neighbor who talked openly about how women should only be allowed to enter certain, specific professions and only when they were unmarried. Nursing, teaching, caring for old people were the kind of thing he was okay with. Pretty much everything else was off the table. This guy was pretty old (early 60s), but this was like in the late 1990's/early 2000s.