Best friend ditched me when he got a gf?

(I’m a girl btw) just turned 20. I’ve been best friends with this guy for a few years. We were so close and told eachother everything. Through all my trauma and problems he was always there for me. We spoke all day every day for three years. During lockdown he tells me he’s speaking to this girl but I don’t think anything of it. Then about a month later he says that she’s his girlfriend. Me and him usually flirt as banter sometimes but after he told me he had a girl he still flirted. So then I told him even tho it’s a joke he can’t do them things anymore. He got very mad at me saying ‘My gf isn’t that insecure’ and he seemed to get very annoyed about it but I was just trying to do the right thing. Anyways the days go on and I notice he’s not replying as much or completely ignores my messages. I understand he has a gf so I just accept that I won’t have much of his time anymore. But then about two months into him having a girlfriend he stopped replying completely. I’m just heartbroken I think I loved him (as a friend). I still do. We also used to have this silly vow that if we ignore eachother for more than two days the other has to drink a shot of vinegar as a kind of punishment. Sounds weird but we were young at the time we thought of it and it just continued. When he got a girlfriend he told me that his girlfriend didn’t want him to damage his health with the vinegar so the vow was now off. Since then he started ignoring me. I don’t understand why? 

• ?

She is stopping him from chatting with you.

• Carmen

Hello concerned friend it’s understandable how you’re feeling it’s not everyday someone can say they have a best friend male or female so count your blessings. Unfortunately when someone finds a mate things do change even if it’s because of the mate and not completely you’re friend because other female not always crazy about their mate dealing with a female best friend as easily as you both did with each other before. He could of went about it better or differently instead of completely not responding but I’m sure he still cares for you just now from a distance. It’s easy to take it personally but try to find you someone if not already that can be your best friend and mate to keep your joy in life and move forward. Pray for strength to do this and maybe one day soon he will reach back out to you as a friend. Love never fails. 

• Foxy

I can't really know what happened. If I tell you something, it would only be a guess. It is better that you ask him directly.

Most guys just LOVE sex so much to the fact that they have no brains.

Sounds like his gf might be jealous and/or controlling. She probably told him to stop hanging out with other females. He’s a crappy friend. Bros before hos. I used to have a male best friend, and I told any guy I dated that I have a male BFF and he can take it or leave it. My BFF told his gfs the same thing. Your friend chose pûssy over his best friend. He’s a jerk.