What is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit? ?

Ppl say that those who blaspheme the Spirit wouldn’t even care or want forgiveness will question how do you know they wouldn’t want to be forgiven or how do you know they don’t want to be forgiven? Where is the evidence? 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Rick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is sinning willfully, there is no sacrifice for a willful act you have to pay for it yourself in Purgatory.

• 1 month ago

The unforgivable sin is to blaspheme against the Holy Spirit.

Only those with full knowledge of God's Word can be guilty of this. Only God's Elect when given the Holy Spirit to go forth as God directs and rejects the Holy Spirit and does not do God's will with full knowledge are guilty of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. Some might want to be forgiven and some may not. In either case it is an unforgivable sin.

Luke 12:10 “And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.”

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Pronunciation

IPA: /ˈblæs.fə.mi/

Noun

blasphemy

the act of speaking against or showing contempt for divine majesty

Jesus says the same thing.

Matthew 12:31-33 KJV — Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. So >>>>whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man,<<<< it shall be forgiven him: but >>>>whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost,<<<< it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

Back up to verse 24 where the Pharisees had accused Jesus of having a devil. That constituted blasphemy.

Matthew 12:24 KJV — But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

Aside from this, scripture offers no qualifying details.

• 1 month ago

Any existing evidence will be critically examined by none other than Jesus Christ, at the time of particular Judgment.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's abandoning your superstition..then the clergy can no longer control you through fear and coercive persuasion..

• 1 month ago

That blasphemy is not possible today, as shown by Mt. 12 and Mk. 3, the only recorded event of it happening in history.  That situation cannot be duplicated.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's childish make-believe.

the holy spirit is fictional.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Jesus just told us what "BLASPHEMY" is in Matthew 12:30 before He discussed the consequences of "BLASPHEMY" in Matthew 12:31-32 saying

Definition of "BLASPHEMY" (v30)

30 "He that is not with Me is against Me; and he that gathereth not with Me scattereth abroad." 

Consequences for "BLASPHEMY" (vs 31-32)

31 "Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come" (Matthew 12:30-32)!

• 1 month ago

Honestly, no one knows!  People are quick to make a claim to force others to donate though.  It was meant to be unknown so people would maybe be more inclined to be good.  But wishful thinking yo!  Mankind is a sinful breed.  Not gonna be a whole boatload to salvage unless we improve a lot!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.