give me a real good reason why i should partake in the company section of the xmas gift exchange when i hate everyone i work with?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Because it is not all about your narcissistic self. They probably would be thrilled if you dropped dead because you're so in love with yourself.

Maybe if you got over yourself and thought about someone else for once in your life maybe they would like you. You don't have to do the gift exchange being you're probably so stuck on yourself you would just grab just anything and put ZERO thought into it. Then get angry if you got something you hated. I know it's a novel concept to think of someone other than your own self but try it for once in your existence.

• 1 month ago

Keeping a job to pay for your family 

• donnie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because it’s nice to give 

• Daisy
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Ask to opt out.  A Christmas gift exchange is supposed to be fun.  Since you dislike your coworkers and are likely to sabotage the fun event- ask to refrain from the exchange.  If you are asked why, just say- you don't participate in gift exchanges at work (or that your funds are tied up with buying gifts for family, etc.).   Don't be so bitter as to say you hate everyone. You don't want to burn any bridges unless you have to.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why should we give you a reason to participate. If you don’t want to join in, don’t. 

• 1 month ago

Because you still have to work with these people for a long time. 

Do you want to be known as the  Scrooge who wouldn't chip in and play along? 

there's a lot of unemployed people right now,  who will gladly take the job you hate so much. 

• 1 month ago

Because it's a kind thing to do, and it promotes good will and a community feeling.  

Jesus said, "Use worldly wealth to make friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed in heavenly places." (I'm not saying that giving gifts will buy your way into heaven.)However, if you really don't want to do this, ask your boss if you can opt out.  No one should be forced to give against his/her will, "for God loves a cheerful giver.". (This doesn't apply to paying taxes.) If you do participate, don't shop to impress, but give something thoughtful, useful, or fun--something you yourself wouldn't mind receiving.  Think Golden Rule. Merry Christmas!  Happy Holidays!

• 1 month ago

No. If  you don't want to, then don't. Man up and tell them and they will understand.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Only you can give yourself reasons. It is rather sad to me that anybody hates anybody else, let alone a whole group of people. Absolutely everybody has their good aspects, and if we can focus more on these that what we judge to be "bad" we can find it easier to get on with others. 

Is this a bit of an annual company ritual that has less to do with whether or not people like each other than office etiquette?

• 1 month ago

I can't think of a good reason why you should do that, sorry.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.