Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 2 months ago

What is the most useful chart for possible return in undervalued stocks?

I invest in undervalued stocks and affected by covid ! Based on the past what is the most useful chart for possible return? I found that market cap chart is better

Stock is better but to me forex is more preferable because I love making good profit in days. And you could possibly make good profits in just a week in Forex through a Pro trader like Annie Fox on Facebook...

MACD is the only relevant chart for "undervalued".  Market capitalization (share price times shares) tells you nothing other than market value of the company over time. It's no better than just following the share price.  You don't even have a clue what an MACD chart is, do you.

• ?

I suggest you use fundamental analysis over charts unless you are a day trader.

As quite a few of these may never return to their days of glory and, many could fail, You need to do a lot of research. There are a lot of companies undervalued, but also many are at pre-COVID levels already and higher. 

• kswck2

Charts do little to show you that. They also do little to tell you if a stock is Cheap, Undervalued or just inexpensive(yes, there is a difference). 

Charts do nothing other than give you a two-dimensional visual display of data.  You still have to interpret that data just as you would if it were in list form instead of chart form.

It sounds like you don't know what your investing criteria actually are.

By the way, the term "undervalued" is a subjective opinion that would be applied only after the company's financials are analyzed.   What specific criteria do you use to determine that a company's shares are worth more than what other investors think they are worth?   Do you even know?

A stock selling with a low PE is usually has a low PE for a logical reason.   That doesn't mean the stock is undervalued. 

Charts don't tell you much about the company. You'll have to look through the financial results, the statistics based off the financials and stock price, and what the company has been up to lately. 

What charts are you referring to? There are price curve charts with volumes of trading. There is mathematical analysis of company numbers for investing in the company itself as a stock buyer. There is relying on analysts. I prefer buying small to mid-cap stocks rather than large cap or micro cap.

I've been aiming at low forecast P/E, recent quarter in profit, Low Price to tangible book value, paying a dividend, analysts positive ratings. The market has been rising fast in recovery, but future is less certain. I buy the USA markets. Since March 30, 2020: AGO+25.6% Bought+Sold, BPOP+44% since July 13, CMC+40% since March 30, COP+54% since March 30, DHT+7% since Dec 02, FNCL+25% since July 13, GNE+3% since Sep 29, KSS+137% since Mar 30, MET+24% since Oct 13, MTG+78% since Mar 30, OMF+81% Bought+Sold, PRU+4% since Nov 27, RCII+13% since Oct 26, SANM+33% since July 13. Preferred Closed End Mutual fund shares yielding about 5% a year for some safe holding, such as HFROpA, NCVpA, GGTpG, NCZpA, GABpK, GNTpA and also GNEpreferred A with 7% yield

I like MET, PRU, DHT, RCII, GNE

A lot of what I am holding may be peaking soon and are no longer undervalued. 

Charts tell you very little.