Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

My mum think it’s still too early to put Christmas decorations up. Is she right?

• Dee

I don’t think it is. I put my tree up on Thanksgiving and take it down after Little Christmas. I love Christmas so I enjoy looking at decorations but not everyone does. Your Mum may just not enjoy them up until Christmas Eve like my Mother did, it’s just a matter of taste that’s all. 

Her house, her choice.  Perhaps you will find something more important to be concerned about.

• Raja

Go around your neighbourhood and see what they are doing with regard to Christmas decorations and then decide whether she is right or wrong .

• ?

My mother puts up Christmas decorations post Thanksgiving. It is your mom's call though at the end of the day.

shes right since its her house

Nope.

I remember when I was a kid and a neighbor had their decorations up in early November.  Their son was getting leave from basic training before he was sent over to Vietnam and they wanted to celebrate Christmas early before he went.

From that day forward, I have NEVER said it was too early or too late to take them down.  After all, people celebrate for a reason.

• keerok

Obviously, your mom is not Filipino. We start the season in September.

• T J

Some think that after Thanksgiving is the time. Many wait a week or two after. Its a individual thing.

• Audrey

Yes. Way too early. The 19th is plenty early enough.

• ?

Any time after Thanksgiving is fair game.