Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

Do you feel comfortable with legalizing drugs? Why or why not?

• ?

Yes, obviously to reduce crime, and because they are natural substances.

marijuana yes. Decriminalize personal drug use but still go after those who sell it. 

• Cee

Only marijuana... The other drugs are too harmful.

• kswck2

Depends on the drug. Meth? No. Ludes? No.  Pot, meh, most places have legalized already. 

Marijuana has a good chance of becoming legal, but I wonder if there's a way to get "high" on pot without getting "paranoid" ?

I hear reports from lots of people that it makes them feel paranoid whether or not it's legal, and heaven knows we have enough PARANOID PEOPLE running around as it is!

almost but the cartels, are going to react in the shortem at least, and it's likely to be in unpredictable ways, the actual decision itself, no i don't in the longrun it would make things safer

Marijuana should inarguably be legalized and every person who has been charged & sentenced for a non-violent marijuana related crime should have it completely expunged from their record. At this point there's actually zero justifiable reason to be opposed to it legally. You can't have legal substances that are more harmful like alcohol & nicotine but outlaw a substance like marijuana that has been shown to have minuscule harmful effects at all.

As for other drugs such as heroine, meth, cocaine, etc. I would only support their legalization on one condition: that I am not responsible for their abuse or medical bills. If someone wants to use these drugs, so be it. But I refuse to pay for them if they are unemployed, require treatment/rehab, or suffer any other health side-effects from their poor life choices later on.

I say legalize them all and let the soulless OD. They sooner we let these junkies die, the better it will be for the rest of us. 

Is your dad in prison and your mom a crackhead?

I do. Because the drug war has been a colossal waste of time and money and human life.