Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Dealing with nosy family members?

I come from a family of four kids. I am the second oldest and only girl. I have lived away hometown for many years, but it's really nice to be back home. But there is one exception-- my family. They are extremely nosy! They won't keep their noses out of my private life! I know that they care about me, but they are very intrusive. They don't need to know every single thing that I do. I've already told them that my private life is not up for discussion. How do you deal with nosy family members?

• Barry
    Favorite Answer

You stick to what you have said and ignore any personal questions. Not too difficult.

I deal with them the same way that you are doing.

Be private, be careful not to divulge your problems to your family and remind them when they have their nose stuck in your business.

Tell them to stay out your business 

• ?

I cut them out of my life. I cut 3 of them out of my life for 10 years now. I have never been happier.