Why do today's Christians believe we don't have to work although Jesus gives commandments through the Holy Ghost (Acts 1:2)? What? Disobey?

Update:

@ANON

YOU KNOW YOU LOSE POINTS FOR REPORTING ME RIGHT (JEREMIAH 23:24)?

ESPECIALLY WHEN "I BIND IN THE NAME OF JESUS" (MATTHEW 16:19)

(((ALL))) "REPORTERS!"

Update 2:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

"GOD LAUGHS" (PSALM 37:13)!

Update 3:

@PRINCESS

NOT ON A 9 TO 5 BUT WORK FOR GOD!

Update 4:

@PAPA-G

Now Papa-G since there is only "one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5) that Jesus does (John 1:33) who "choses and ordains" (John 15:16) when "He baptizes us with the Holy Ghost" (Jn 1:33; Acts 1:5) and we receive (((POWER))) (Acts 1:8) to become the sons of God" (John 1:12)

Why would Jesus command us to (((ADD))) (Proverbs 30:6) another baptism (Matthew 28:19+) "Worshipping with men's hands" (Acts 17:25)?

If you can't see that, you are (((CULT))) BRAINWASHED!

Update 5:

"The disciples who heard Jesus’ words became part of the first-century Christian congregation. The primary mission of that congregation was to make more disciples of Christ?"

What do you mean "first-century Christian congregation"  and ((("THAT))) congregation?"

Update 6:

You haven't read I Corinthians Chapter 12 concerning "the body of Christ" who are (((THAT))) congregation?" 

Don't you see the "Spiritual gift" received (I Cor 12:7-10) that includes "tongues" (I Cor 12:10) after being "baptized into one Spirit" (I Cor 12:13) just like "THAT congregation" (Acts 2:2-4)?

I'm WARNING you JW's 

YOU ARE PREACHING A LIE!

Update 7:

"LEARN?"  You mean like 

"Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, (((EVER LEARNING,))) and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth"(II Timothy 3:5-7)?

Update 8:

Christians don't "LEARN" when "GOD reveals by His Spirit" (I Cor 2:10) after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5;8; Jn 1:33) when He "puts His Spirit inside of us and (((CAUSES))) us to obey His commandments" (Ezk 36:27)!

Update 9:

Then we don't (((TRY)))

We sure are "follow workers with Christ" (I Cor 3:9) when He "commandments through the Holy Ghost" (Acts 1:2) we sure better get up and "obey His commandments" (I John 2:3-5).

Update 10:

Go back and read the initial update to you to find out WHO commanded you to "Go baptize in the name of a trinity" (Matthew 15:9) that JW's (((SAY))) they don't believe in but are still baptizing in the name of a trinity!

Update 11:

@MAGIX

IT'S NOT YOUR WORKS BUT JESUS COMMANDS US TO WORK THROUGH THE HOLY GHOST (ACTS 1:2) 

THAT'S THE ONLY WORKS WE DO!

GOD "PUTS HIS SPIRIT INSIDE OF US AFTER WE ARE HOLY SPIRIT BAPTIZED [JOHN 1:33] AND (((CAUSES))) US TO KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS (EZK 36:27).

OUR ACTIONS ARE PRODUCED BY JESUS' COMMANDMENTS

Update 12:

@VES

TODAY'S CHRISTIANS ARE NUT CASES IF THEY BELIEVE (((THEY))) CAN DO (((ANYTHING))) BETTER THAN GOD!

WON'T LET JESUS BAPTIZE THEM (((THEY ***DO*** IT)))

WON'T LET JESUS COMMUNE WITH THEM (((THEY ***DO*** IT)))

"WORSHIPING WITH MEN'S HANDS" (ACTS 17:25)

THEN SAY "WE DON'T WORK"  WHEN JESUS "GIVES COMMANDMENTS THROUGH THE HOLY GHOST" (ACTS 1:2) IF WE DON'T KEEP WE ARE "LIARS" (I JN 2:3-5)

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

1st Timothy 1:5-7 Now the end of the commandment is charity from a pure heart, and a good conscience, and an unfeigned faith. From which things some, going astray, are turned aside unto vain babbling: Desiring to be teachers of the law: understanding neither the things they say, nor whereof they affirm. 

• 2 months ago

In my opinion, you are abusing this forum.  Yahoo answers is a community of those who ask knowledge seeking questions and those who offer informed opinions and replies.

Your “questions” are nothing but your personal assertions masquerading as questions.  You berate and reject the honest responses of the community.

• Ralph
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The fact of the matter: We have to work for food, clothing and shelter, but we can not work for our salvation, because all of the work was done before the foundation of the world by God The Lord Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior as the lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world. read Ephesians 1:1-5, read John 1:12, read Romans 8:28, read Acts 13:48, read 1 Corinthians 1:21, read 1 Peter 1:2, read 1 Peter 1:20, read Revelation 13:8, read Revelation 17:8, read Acts 4:12, read Ephesians 2:1-10, read Psalm 51:17, read Romans 6:23, read Colossians 2:13

Source(s): King James holy bible
  • 2 months ago

Cos todays christers are brainwashed ranting nutcases obviously.  All you need to do to realise that  blatant fact is to look at their childish input here on yahoo, should you doubt me.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Who said we don't have to work? Faith without works is dead. You have to walk it as well as talk it. Everyday.

• Papa-G
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Many believe that it's up to the priest, minister or pastor to obey those commands.

Jesus said to his disciples "Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations,"

The disciples who heard Jesus’ words became part of the first-century Christian congregation. The primary mission of that congregation was to make more disciples of Christ.

Disciples of Christ do more than learn what Jesus taught. They put what they learn into action. They try to follow Jesus’ footsteps, or example, as closely as possible.

The apostle Paul wrote about himself and certain close associates: “We are God’s fellow workers.” (1 Cor. 3:9)

Jesus told us to “go . . . make disciples of people of all the nations.” To fulfill that commission, we often have to speak with people whose way of thinking is very different from our own, including those who do not belong to any religious organization or who may not believe that God exists. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Today's Christians believe we don't have to work?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.