Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 2 months ago

Which Republican Senator has a better shot of being re-elected: Kelly Loeffler or David Perdue?

I’d say Perdue wins and Loeffler loses.

• Tmess2
    Favorite Answer

Perdue, but that's because he's the only one running for re-election.

Loeffler was never elected to her Senate seat.  She is an appointee holding the seat until there is an election.  So she is running for her first term.  

Loeffler has an additional problem.  The same people who are convinced that there was something funky with the count on the presidential race think that there was something funky with the count in her senate race and that Loeffler fraudulently finished ahead of Representative Collins. So there might be some Republicans who will vote in the Perdue race who will not vote in her race. 

Both candidates have to deal with the problem that Republicans have been convinced that mail-in ballots are not trustworthy.  An early January run-off may not have great in-person voting, and the Democrats are once again emphasizing mail-in voting and early voting.  

In short, while Biden and Abrams are helping the Democratic candidates maximize the Democratic vote,Trump, Powell, and Wood are potentially convincing Republican voters that it's not worth the effort to vote.

Neither of them the democrats have two excellent candidates both are future stars

i wish my state had them .

My guess is Loeffler.  She's running against Raphael Warnock, a minister.  In the initial election Warnock actually got the most votes.  But he only got IIRC about 32% of the vote.  Loeffler was running not just against Warnock, but against Republican Congressman Doug Collins.  Together, she and Collins got more than 45%% of the vote. So if the Collins vote aligns behind her then she should be able to beat Warnock.   In the regular Senate election, David Perdue got a lot more of the vote than Loeffler did, over 49%.  But so did his opponent Jon Ossoff.  Perdue beat Ossoff by less than 2% of the vote.  To me, the narrowness of Perdue's win means that he could be vulnerable.  Just 2% separated them.  So if some of Perdue's voters stay home, and Ossoff's show up, then he could easily win.

A couple of crooks with insider trading, for using the priviledged information about the Coronoavirus they got from being Senators to make money in the stock market. They both belong in prison, not Congress. What they did was certainly worse than Martha Stewart!

Neither one, if Georgians have any smarts at all.  This is the final chance for the United States to eliminate McConnel's do nothing control of the US Senate.

I pray they both lose .

They are both going to lose.  I won't vote in an election that's already decided.  It's a waste of time I could be spending working on my still

Neither, you can already see the fraud

Neither. Both of them have been irreparably harmed by Trump's attacks against Republican establishment in GA with his voter fraud allegations.

any of them has a shot of getting elected

• ?

Perdue.

My best guess is that they'll both win.