How do I create a user interface program in C?

I'm very new to programming, and I've been practicing C with terminal output, but now I want to create a physical program, like a calculator, where I can place buttons and code them. I have a mac and use xCode 12.2. How do I do this? What are the steps? 

I have also downloaded the SDL library via terminal as I found out this was necessary.

• 1 week ago

Digital marketing services in Sydney https://thead.com.au/

You wanna know about GUI. Then,

1. Set properties.

2. The source code of callback.c.

In these two lines, the program will take glade widgets into Gtk widgets.

If you want to write a Mac-style graphical application, you need to use the Cocoa API and libraries, but that doesn't work with C.  Apple only supports Swift (recommended for all new applications) or Objective-C (still supported for legacy applications.)

You can use SDL, but it doesn't come with any support for application windows, or the buttons, text boxes, and other controls that a graphical user interface (GUI) needs.  It's just a very fast way to move pixels around, and access joysticks and other game controllers.  

You may want to look at one of the cross-platform graphical APIs.  Probably the most common choice for C is GTK.  (www.gtk.org). 

If you can expand your skill set to use C++, then libraries like Qt or wxWidgets.  (Qt is essentially C++ only.  There's a C binding for wxWidgets, but that's mainly intended to support interfacing to functional languages like Haskell or Ocaml.  You might not find a lot of support for building applications in C.)

If you've never done any GUI programming before, get ready for a big learning curve.  In a console-type program, or in a background service ("daemon"), your program runs from main() and calls system functions as needed.  In a GUI program, the GUI library is "the system" and it calls your functions as needed to get things done. 

• Lv 7

you need to learn ALL of C programming, not just the beginner classes.

there are many more things beyond just terminal usage, but you need to learn more than the basics to do anything with a GUI.

try this:

https://youtu.be/YlTeQ7u1Tp4

Youtube thumbnail

if you type this on the search bar it might show you how to do it