Would you support abolishing all US prisons for 90 days as social experiment?

Ultimately we could consider a system where there are no fines and no incarcerations, the immediate release of all prisoners from prison and no arrests 

Instead all criminal acts will be dealt with by rehab and peaceful means 

Additionally we would support the elimination of fire arms from America so as to reduce all violent crime, including restrictions on sharpness of knives and all weaponry 

So with no weapons and no punishments and all that money going to mental health counseling and food, we can surprisingly have a safer world. Can we do this?

Also legalize all recreational drugs 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I live in a place that's already done most of that and all we're seeing as the outcome of this experiment is exploding crime rates. 

• 2 months ago

You propose ANARCHY.

In EVERY case where it has been tried, banning guns INCREASES violent crime because criminals know their victims lack effective means of defense.

No weapons isn't even THEORETICALLY possible because EVERYTHING is a weapon if used as such.

In short, your proposals are PATENTLY ABSURD.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No because there are some real bad dudes in there that should stay there for the rest of their life.

However for the lighter crimes such as DUI, possession of illegal drugs for personal use, minor theft, driving infractions, etc. should be let go, however white collar crimes can stay locked up, meaning Trump & family will stay behind bars.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I would support it if I was given 120 days to buy ammo and some new guns.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.