A friend is getting married - Can you translate this military lingo for me?

A friend is getting married and we want to have a plaque made based on a big coffee mug he has, but I can't ask what this stuff means because it's a surprise. I can't even take a picture of it without tipping the couple off. 

We are even thinking about having a cake made lettered just like the coffee mug.

Anyway, it says: "U.S.M.C. 2nd M.D. FORECON O4". The Marine part I can understand, but what about the rest?

There is a gold leaves looking thing in the middle with a bunch of gold lettering on the other side of the cup like:

ODS 90/91OST 2004OIF  04-08OEFA  08,09,10,11,12I think those numbers are years, but what do the letters mean?He never talks about this stuff and I can't ask. Please help me.

I can tell you he was an officer if that helps.

Orthodoxy = the only true faith; Roman Catholics tried one cup - one spoon ritual and got sick with Bubonic plague; if heresy enters Orthodox monastery then monks/nuns will get sick with flu/tuberculosis (for instance); Orthodox churches who closed for COVID or had disposable cups/spoons or dipped spoon into alcohol are no longer brides of Christ (now they serve Satan and honor Satan's new COVID religion). Priests who were working for KGB (that is spying on people and betraying their confession) = Sergian heresy. Now, CIA and FSB (new name for KGB) don't need to have priests constantly reporting because of new technology (bugs) that allows them to listen in (and if cameras are present... to look into what people are doing)...Your phones spy on you; don't bring them to church; forgive me.

Source(s): Saint Spyridon Bishop of Trimythous killed 900 Roman Catholics posledneevremya.ru/?p=462
  • Daniel

I think all of the other acronyms have been covered.  Since you mention gold leaves, the O4 probably means that he was a major (pay grade O-4).  The rank insignia is a gold oak leaf.

I can tell you the USMC never uses U.S.M.C.

ODS 90/91 - Operation Desert Storm

OST 2004 - Officer Selection Team 

OIF 04-08 - Operation Iraqi Freedom 

OEFA 08-12 - Operation Enduring Freedom 

• Bill-M

M.D. is Marine Detachment.  FORECON  is Force Recon  The others I don't know.