Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 2 months ago

I desperately want a septum piercing but my mother won't allow it because she thinks it makes her look bad. What are my options? ?

For further information, I'm almost 17 and have five other piercings. I have been seeing the same awesome piercer for three years and he does awesome work. I would be paying entirely on my own and I am in permanent online school so there is no dress code to stop me. I don't want to wait until I'm 18 because I want to feel confident and beautiful in my teenage years. 

Keep your opinions on the piercing to yourself, it's not your body being pierced. 

When you're 18, you can make your own choices. Simple, really. 

Septum piercing is not beautifu

do not want it

• drip

Options:

1. Talk you mom or dad into giving permission 2. Talk the piercing guy  into doing it without parental permission 3. Wait until you are 18.

• Bec

If you have to be 18 to have it done without parental consent, you have to wait until you are 18.

Wait till you're 18, then run wild.

• kelvin

you can wait until you are old enough move out and get it done than

Septums are kewl - and the fake ones look just like the real ones . . . . . get a good fake one - freak your Mom out - either you'll get tired of the look or be able to get a real one (and Mom will never notice).

I never understood why people consider a "booger ring" a good idea.

Not going to lie your mother seems a little selfish. Just because it’ll make her look bad? How does letting your child express their self look bad? Even if you end up not liking it you can take it out and it’ll be like it never happened. Unfortunately all you can really do is try and convince her, tell her that it would make you happy and feel more confident, or wait until legal. And if she still won’t let you get it when you’re legal then get it anyway and flip it into your nose when she’s around and she’ll never know. Don’t be disrespectful to your mum but be yourself!! 

Edit: ignore everyone saying not to get it, I have a nose ring and I love it and I haven’t had any boogers stuck to it or anything. I think it looks good and if you think it does then get it, it’s your body. Seems like this website is full of 40 year old Karen’s 

Your options are to wait until you're 18, when it's legal.