Process of having a document notarized?

I need to sign a document in front of a notary for my car. I’m going to go to a bank for it. What is the process of this? 

There's not much of a process you go to the bank the notary has you pull out your driver's license you sign on the line and then the notary stamps the paper

• Rick

Take it to any Public Notary, sign it and that`s it.  You`re done.  There is no fee for having your signature notarized.  There are laws that control that.  You can find them via the yellow pages, internet, etc.  A very simple, straight forward process.  Just be sure to bring all the correct paperwork with you.  Including your I.D.

• ?

You present the document to be notarized to the notary. They will ask for ID. they fill out their record book and you sign it and the document. Then you pay them if there's a fee involved.

• CB

You go to the bank

Ask to have your document notarized.

Hand the document to the notary, he/she will look it over and say "let me have your ID. Sign here." They will compare signatures.

When that is done the notary will stamp the document and put the information in a book and hand you back the document. You may or may not need to pay the notary depending on the bank policy.