what are some of the best use vehicles i can buy?

I am in the process of buying a use vehicle i would like to get your advice on making the right choice on one i don't want one with over 2000 miles on it.

I was thinking about buying from a private owner.

I found a 2010 Hyundai San Fe that has 172000 miles: They are mostly highway miles It has been taken into the shop regularly for oil changes and typical tune ups when needed. It was yearly brought into the shop to check it and fix anything that needed to be fixed. Engine and inside have been taken care of. with a few cosmetic dings and scratches, as well as a small crack in the windshield. Other than that, it is in great shape. the owner asking $4,000 for it is that a good price?

• Barry
    Favorite Answer

Almost any Asian built car will be in the top echelon. Kia, Hyundai, Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Lexus etc. All well designed, solid built and reliable.

All used cars are crapshoot.

With that said, you can mitigate your risk of buying a p.o.s. by taking an potential purchase on a thorough test drive, and seriously consider having a mechanic give it a once-over (not a guarantee, but they might be able to catch potential big $$ items).

I would be hesitant to purchase a vehicle with 172K on it - but if the price is right, they have maintenance records, and it seems to have been driven conservatively, then it's up to you.

Just buy a new hyundai accent with a 6 speed manual and call it a day. You can get them for around 14k with negotiation I think. Some places will do interest free financing.  I would not get a car with 2000 miles on it because 1)theres no guarantee that the previous owner did the break-in procedure correctly. You are supposed to break in new engines. And 2) its dirty, they probably farted in it and sprayed microscopic particles of poo all over it and coughed it in and sneezed in it and touched their balls and then touched all the bottons and handles. If I was you I would custom order a hyundai accent through whatever dealership gave me the lowest cost and then I would have a brand new car that's ultra clean and hasn't been abused. Not to mention I dont know if warranties go from owner to owner.

Source(s): Hyundai accent is supreme
  • F

A car with less than 2000 miles will probably be a demonstrator. Ever driven a demo car? I have . Wouldn’t want to buy one if a dozen people driven it like I did. Probably better to go for a year old with 10000 miles.

Not many 2000 mile "use cars" available for sale anywhere. Not rental companies, not private owners. Maybe a few demos at dealers.  Did you mean 200,000?

• Scott

"Used" past tense. Use is present tense. "I USE my USED car for pizza delivery" You realize a used car with under 2000 miles is only one to two months' old?

• Jay P

You want a used vehicle with less than "2000 miles on it"?

Good luck in finding one with such low mileage on it for sale from a private seller.  A dealer demo model might be your best bet in that case...

The phrase is 'used vehicle'.

There aren't many cars for sale as used with only 2,000 miles on the clock. Why would someone buy a car new and only keep it for so short a time ?

You 'plan' is not realistic.

• James

Try a rental company. There are Pros and Cons but they are maintained well and are usually just a year or two old when they are sold. Cons can be the fact that many people have driven it and sometimes for long distances. If your are good with that, take a test drive, there is a lot to choose from. Try Enterprise or any other rental car company.