lucy asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 months ago

What would happen if the human brain was limitless?

What would the world be like if our minds had no limits? Has this ever been scientifically researched? I imagine there would be a lot more conflict. Would it be like superhumans with a never ending battle for power? Or would we all be too intelligent to try to one up eachother and live peaceful lives?

Our minds are unlimited, but operate using concepts. The more concepts any particular mind knows the more unlimited it is compared to others. No, nobody will ever ever understand all the concepts because they must be discovered.

We’d all have brain damage due to the immense pressure imposed upon those limitless brains by the limited volumes of our craniums. So I doubt that we would all coexist more peacefully because usually people with brain damage have a hard time getting along with other people.

Humanity would have ended long prior the 20th century zxj

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

Did you smoke or eat some edible gummies?

• small

I have noticed that where there are more intelligent people, there are differences and disputes galore.... it is wisdom and not intelligence by itself that can lead to peace and progress.

It is, but we are limited in the knowledge and resources we have while we are still able to retain information.

All of your question had just answered your own question... Human would find the truth of each matters...

"Limitless" is a meaningless term. Our brains have no practical limit. With all the neurons and synapses being used on multiple configurations, the limit of our brain capacity is already greater than the number of electrons in the universe by more than a couple of magnitudes. -- the number of electrons would represent the size of the biggest possible computer in the universe.

But brain power is not a measure of intelligence, and you're probably right in that it would finish up as a battle for power (more precisely, a battle for control).

If the human brain processed information at near infinite speeds, you would perceive the universe to be going very very slowly.  This would likely become frustrating because your limbs wouldn't be able to move quickly enough.

You would want to accomplish much more, but you would be restricted by your own body.

I don't believe there would be a battle for power because it is more effective to work together to accomplish an objective than alone, and you wouldn't be able to control other people.

It almost literally is. There are 100 billion neurons with over a trillion synapses in the human brain (7 x 10¹⁴ synapses in total -- Google). It doesn't seem like one uses that much of the brain system, but even the tiniest tasks require so much brain power. If we could maximize the functions of the brain, I think everything thinkable would be possible. Would we war on each other? Some would, some wouldn't. I did enjoy reading a book called, "The future of the Mind" by Kaku, a few months ago. I do have to recheck it out and re-read it. I totally recommend it. "Lucy" was also the name of an excellent movie I have seen probably six times. I don't know if that's really what would happen, according to the Lucy story, if we used more of our brain's.