Why do Front End web Developers exist if Bootstrap and Wordpress can build the site without coding knowledge needed ?

I’m j

ust new to web development and I’ll be attending a coding camp

Next month for HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

I am so confused as to why Front End Development is a thing if people are freelancing by creating websites in bootstrap and word press etc, is it worth it to learn how to use HTML, CSS ,JavaScript and Python in that case ?? 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Creating a site using something like wordpress is like doing a paint-by-number picture and claiming you are an artist.

Wordpress is a bloated and inefficient mess, to put it bluntly.

It's very good for what it was originally created for - allowing non-technical people to create a blogging site or simple homepage type site for themselves.

But, using it to create any kind of serious website is a joke; a properly written site using native coding is vastly faster and uses a fraction of the server resources.

• 1 month ago

Bro, without coding knowledge you cannot make website of your exact choice. Learn html, css, js, bootstrap, jQuery and php for wordpress not python. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

Even if you want to change anything in standard theme, the basic knowledge of front-end is mandatory. Also, Wordpress or Bootstrap do not fit requirements when you need a web application. 

P. S. Even for our own website CyberCraft https://cybercraftinc.com/company we involved people who really know how to code.    

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Many companies create web applications that don't fit the mold of what a CMS like WordPress gives you.  WordPress is designed for e-commerce websites and marketing websites.  Traditional desktop applications are moving to the web, and require advanced functionality that doesn't fit the WordPress model.

Twitter's Bootstrap is a UI library, and my company uses it heavily within our custom web applications.

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Because you have more control over your web site when you learn HTML/CSS/Java Script.

Those Site building programs don't have everything.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If this confuses you, then you should look elsewhere for work.  Creating a website on Wordpress, Bootstrap or like sites creates only the minimal type of website.  Yes, functional, but also limited in variety and scope.  Once you take some classes you'll see how fully powerful websites can be made.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.