Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Do you find it normal when parents physically discipline their 17 year old daughter?

I was physically disciplined until age 16. I am now in my early 40s. I was whipped with a leather belt on my bare butt, by my mother, something that has caused me to disrespect her since my last spanking. I left home, at 16, after my last beating. In my generation, it was normal for a 16 or 17 year old to be physically disciplined. 

Currently, it is not acceptable to physically punish a 17 year old daughter. We now understand that spanking is not effective and that it causes life long psychological problems. 

What reason could drive you to do this to your daughter?

My years of getting belt whipped also left me with a spanking fetish, something that I am sure that I would not have if I was not spanked into my teenage years. 

You need to consider how this will affect your daughter for the rest of her life. The humiliation will leave permanent psychological scars, not to mention how it can damage your future relationship with your daughter. 

• ?

Illegal and wrong.  They should be arrested 

no way..........................

If their daughter is still living under their roof zxjqkb

. . . . . . . . . .

, , , , , , , , , ,

• mikey

No one should be physical with young adults period. 

• ?

no, i dont think thats normal

Yeah, if the 17 yr old is acting completely out of line or out of control.  But you did not say what kind of physical discipline it was.  Hard to say, we don't know the whole story & this could be taken way too wrong.  Depends on how bad the 17 yr old is acting.

yes...it should be grounding to the house.

• Carmen

That depends on what you mean by physically disciplining you-are you being beaten or abused or just put on a punishment or things took from you? Are you being sassy to have to be handled in a physical way? I’m not one for physically putting my hands on anyone because I don’t have it to happen to me but the saying goes spare the rod spoil the child. 

yes i find it normal... when i was a kid it wasnt unusual for older girls to still get spanked by their mom