Anonymous

Interview questions help?

How many questions do I get in 30 minutes interview and does the interviewer keep asking for 30 minutes?

A good interview shouldn't be 'a number of questions'.  It should be questions to kick off a *conversation*.  You want your answers to be more than 'yes' or 'no'.  On some of them you may turn your answer into a question back to them after your initial answer.  (Just be careful not to ramble.)

I have given interviews which were supposed to be 30 minutes where I was done in 10-15 minutes because the person I was interviewing wasn't interactive at all.  I've also had 30 minute interviews where 25 minutes into it I realized we'd only gotten to two of the questions directly but the conversation we'd been having answered the other ones in better detail and context than I would have gotten otherwise.  Those are the interviews you want.  When I interviewed for my current job that happened and we both agreed to get back online that evening to continue the interview/conversation.

• ?

So here's what's up with that.  The interview may or may not last 30 minutes.  It will last longer if you and the interviewer get conversation going about your self, the job, the company, the people you work with.  

So rather than looking at it as a session of them going through a list of questions that you have to get a certain number correct in order to pass, look at it as a conversation where you get an opportunity to talk about how you would be a good fit for the company, and for them to talk about how the company would be a good fit for you.

Well, how do they get you to talk about how you would be a good fit for them?  By asking you questions.  How do you get them to talk about how they would be a good fit for you?  By asking them questions.

If you do a search on sample interview questions, you'll see that the questions they ask are going to be geared around figuring out if you'll be able to do the job and fit in.  And if you do a search on sample questions to ask an interviewer, you'll notice that they are to help you determine if they are going to be a good fit for you.