Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 2 months ago

What age did you stop believing in Santa Claus?

• F

Probably about 8 although having a sister 10 yrs younger, I had to keep the pretence up until I was at least 18.

• garry

you do know some dont believe in santa , you know buddhist , indians , muslims , and some christians ..likes my money in my pocket then the sellers pocket , there rich enough already .

If I ever do stop, I'll let you know.

i didnt . from where i come from this is what you celebrated

(mari lwyd)

always felt bad that kids were told this BS story , when you have parents that just cant afford gifts and these kids go with out

I don't remember, but since you posted this in Global Warming for a reason,

thinking AGW is a hoax is almost equal to believing in Santa Claus 

• ?

Mid thirties.        

• ?

I don't remember the specifics but I'm sure I no longer believed in Santa by the age of 12, right along the same time frame that I stopped believing in other fictional characters like the Easter Bunny, tooth fairy, a god, Jesus, etc.

I was around 9 I think.  I started to get suspicious when we'd go holiday shopping at the mall.  I'd see Santa at Sears, but then we'd drive across town and go to JC Penny, and there he was again, only he looked a bit different.  Hmmm.....

But the final nail in the coffin (I've shared this story a few times on here) was at Primary (Sunday school, held one day a week, after school back in the 70's).  Santa was visiting the kiddies at the church.  He started handing out candy canes, when the bishop's precious little snowflake (aka BRAT!!!) blurted out, "Thank you, Brother Huffaker!!!"  The room turned awkwardly silent for a moment.  Kids started asking, "You mean....  that's not Santa?"   "No, dummy!  That's Brother Huffaker!!!"  Kids started crying.  Parents were furious.  There was a lot of explaining to do!

• BJJ

You mean he's NOT real !!!