Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 2 months ago

If I went to the doctor could they tell I got a UTI from having sex?

I got a uti from sexual intercourse and my mom would kill me if she found out that’s why I got the uti. The uti is getting pretty bad so I need to go to the doctor but will I get exposed?

I’m not 100% sure it’s a uti but I have all the symptoms of one.

• Tavy
    Favorite Answer

No chance. We can all get 

UTIs at any age having sex or not. The Doctor won't ask. Get yourself tested and get treatment.

• ?

UTI's are not caused from having sexual intercourse.  They are caused by an infection in the bladder/urinary tract.  You would be going to a urologist (who specializes in disorders of the urinary system), not a gynecologist (who specializes in women's sexual organs). You need to get the infection checked out before it turns into something seriously wrong with your kidneys.  It has nothing to do with sexual behavior.

You are so nasty

• kelvin

no they can not

you can get uti's so many different ways there is no way for your doctor to just assume its because of that. but please be honest with your doctor. they can't help you unless you're honest with them. if you feel as if you're old enough to be having sex you should be old enough to talk to your doctor about starting birth control. the most important thing is that you're safe and that you're doing these things safely. 

• donnie

If you’re younger then 18 then yea you’re screwed. Your parents aren’t even the worst of it if you get into legal trouble. 

I do not know your age, but a doctor is bound by the rules of confidentiality and can not anyone what you are being treated for. 

You do have the option to go into the docs yourself. But if you haven't seen a doc then how do you know it's a UTI? 

• ?

Please seek medical attention immediately.