Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 2 months ago

Would anything happen to me or my shift supervisor if I close and lock the entrance doors 8 minutes before our posted closing time?

I work at a grocery store within the Kroger company and locked the entrance doors 8 minutes earlier than closing time and right as I was at it, there was a guy walking towards the entrance who then turned around after noticing that the doors were locked and not opening for him.

It was a slow night, we were all ready to go home and didn't feel like having to stay and wait around for a shopper to finish their shopping.

Could anything happen to me or my shift supervisor if that guy who was on his way inside reports this to any of the higher ups?

• ?

If this guy complains, you could get written up or fired. 

No matter how slow it is close on time, some people can't always shop during 9-5  hours so they come in a bit later. I work until 7 pm or later, some times I have to go shopping after work. You might as well not be there if that's going to be you're attitude, you're supposed to help people no matter how late they come in. You can always lock the door while the customer is in the store, so no one else comes in. You're also losing money and you can get into trouble, if you're clocking out earlier then you're supposed to. 

• Judy

If someone reports it to corporate, you could get fired

i wouldnt do it, its not fair to the people that wanted to shop then