Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

Why do teachers tell teens to practice abstinence when they don't even do it themselves?

Come on, you know those teachers don't go home after the workday and just -avoid-sex with their spouses!! (Plus what about all the ones who *aren't* married? Like they're really going to wait until marraige to have sex with their significant other?!) 

What's the point of preaching abstinence when they don't even practice it themselves?

Anonymous: How is it illogical? If a teacher gives students the "sex is bad" lecture, why can't a student give it back to the teacher?

a Guy bein a Guy: Maturity levels mean nothing. Teachers literally make it sound like sex is a death sentence and that abstinence must be practiced lifelong. Instead of "practice abstinence until marraige," I think it should be "practice abstinence until you're a responsible adult." Don't you agree? 

seedy history: Apparently abstinence didn't work on Mary when she gave birth to Jesus...

Anonymous: Sure, abstinence is the best birth control. So, why can't married couples practice it? There should be no excuse for "accidental" pregnancies.

• God
    Favorite Answer

i bet the teachers didn't practice abstinence when they were in high school either.  

• Foofa

Teachers are adults with actual jobs and the means to manage things like babies, accidental pregnancies, STIs and the emotional upheaval of romantic failure. Teens are not and therefore when they experience the sometimes unfortunate after effects of sex their lives tend to fall apart. If you really can't see the difference between your teenage self and a fully grown, gainfully employed, college educated adult...there may be no hope for you (until you grow up enough to understand that you don't know everything). 

• ?

Of course they don’t abstain. Look at how many teachers have been arrested for screwing their students.

I might be old enough to be one of your teachers, or maybe one of your parents. I swear if I was your parent then I would buy a dildo, and smack you very hard across your face with it, and then withdraw you from school.

You are nowhere near smarter than your idiot teachers!

Sex is bad WHY?

No response from the teachers would be more than enough to convince me to withdraw you from school!

Regarding you ummm....I would have some interesting plans, for you. Since NOBODY gives a crap about your education well someone is going to have to teach you right!!!

Anyway I can't do anything to you since you are not my child.

I heard what happened to some teachers, and I fell off of my chair laughing, and crying at the same time. There are teachers who clearly should not have an opportunity to teach simply because they are not educated enough.

Let me ask you a simple question. Do you have any goals in life?

Please don't ask a teacher to help you, or anyone else with my question.

Lastly I think you need time to think about what you said, and I quote: "Instead of "practice abstinence until marraige," I think it should be "practice abstinence until you're a responsible adult."

Teens , though in the older range , are still CHILDREN ! They are , by definition, legally, emotionally, and even physically still minors, and thus not capable of making mature choices yet, or being fully responsible for the consequences of their actions. And this includes whether or not to have sex.

Teachers, by contrast, are ADULTS, with all the rights and responsibilities their status confers upon them.

What they choose to do in their PRIVATE lives is none of your business.  Your attitude and opinions merely illustrate the lack of maturity or readiness to become sexually active, that teenagers often possess. Now go and do something appropriate to your age, like homework! Do sports. Volunteer, if you can find something that doesn't endanger you in the pandemic, or better yet, stay home and stay safe. Hopefully, you'll eventually grow up.

because they're adults, moron.

teens don't need to have sex, don't want to increase the teen pregnancy numbers. they are also way less developed in their brains, so they don't know the consequences of sex or the emotions that it comes with.

jesus and mary never existed...

Well, parents drive but won't allow their 14 year old do so. Rights of passage. And responsibility. Babies need be supported and the vast majority of teenagers are totally unprepared to do so. Adults with jobs can. Like Adults with driver's licences can drive cars that they've bought and paid for. And can hold responsibility for. The absolutely best birth control on the planet is to not have sex. 

Anyone who tells ANYONE to 'practice abstinence' in terms of sex is either a dolt, a fundie whackjob, or a combo of both.

Here is the attention you're so desperately seeking.

And that's all you're getting because I have no time for bratty teenagers who think illogical arguments are cute or smart. 

Apparently you don't know the difference in maturity levels between a teacher who has been through post secondary education and a high school kid.