Been written up at work that was false and now gonna terminate me so need a lawyer?

The write ups happened 2 years ago and I disagreed with them. I told my union that I didn't do it and I disagree with them but they had ne sign the agreements. Now years later off of an incident they are using thr past write up making me look bad to this newest incident to terminate me. I have had and still do have a witness that was there but no one wanted to call or and ask at all. I'm stressed and want this over with and I called plenty of lawyers and nothing they can't help. I am from CT so can please someone please swing mr in the right direction?!? Thanks a lot

6 Answers

  • 2 months ago

    You disagreeing with them means nothing.  No lawyer can save you if the union can't.

  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    From what I'm reading, you signed a legal Agreement two years ago.  Without knowing what that Agreement said, the exact language, this is impossible to answer.

  • 2 months ago

    If you signed agreements, those are probably legal documents, so if you admitted wrongdoing at the time, it stands. 

    I would move on and find another job. It will be simpler. 

  • 2 months ago

    First and probably the most important fact here, is that if lawyers do not think you have a case, why do you think ANYTHING anybody here gives you as advice will help you?

    Second, you work in an "AT WILL STATE" that means they can fire you for no reason or any reason

    Third, not the employers job to call anybody

    Fourth, Do not even try to sue without a lawyer, you have no case ( as you stated you have been told), and when you lose (NOT IF BUT WHEN), you will be billed for the companies lawyer fees at a cost of close to $500 an hour and trust me they will drag the hours out, not counting court time which sometimes doubles their fees because they lose a day at the office, so you pay for that.

    As far as the union not protecting you. you said you signed off on the write-up, that is admitting to what ever it is they said you did.

    And you just got a dose of just how good unions are didn't you? 

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    If you feel the Union is failing to protect you (provided there is a union contract) contact the federal labor relations board and file a complaint about the Unions failure to protect you.

    Most of us know about how the labor relations board helps sort out problems between unions and shops when the shop violates "fair labor" regulations. But few are informed that if the Union fails to represent, the labor relations board can go after the union as well as the shop or company.

  • 2 months ago

    You work in an "at will" state. So, they can fire you for any reason that doesn't violate discrimination laws. So you have absolutely no case. Also, no one here can know what you signed in that agreement, and what you agreed to.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.