kevin asked in SportsFootball (American) · 2 months ago

If a starting QB gets injured in the Super Bowl, and then the backup wins the game? Who would you give the credit to?

Would you say the Starter won the game? Or the Backup QB won the game?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

The team.  QBs do not win or lose games.

Source(s): 45 I've lost count but it has to be around there.
  • 1 month ago

We can all hear how teams win games.Yet QBs and coaches are judged on wins by the team.I guess ya would have to judge who contribured the most to the win.Say Rodgers and the Packers are in the game The Packers lead 17-3 when Rodgers goes down.Tim Boyle takes over and the Packers win 27-20.I think Rodgers will be given credit for the win.Now if he is down when he leaves and the Packers go on to win with Boyle the win should be credited with the win.I guess the point is mute The Packers will be the team that wins and that is pretty much final. 

• David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The team won the game.  As to QB, you don't give enough info.  

• 2 months ago

When did the Starter get injured? What was teh score at that point? Also Nick look it up QBs DO have their W-L listed, unlike other positions. IF the starter was hurt in the first quarter then yeah you give it to the Back-up. Sure the starter gets the Super Bowl ring for his part leading the team to that point, but the back-up won the game. Starter gets hurt and pulled with 5 minutes left in teh game and team up by 14 then the Starter clearly gets credit. Starter gets hurt with 5 minutes left in the game but the team was LOSING then the back-up gets the win(since they scored the winning points, same idea as a pitcher that comes in the 9th and the team gets the winning run). 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

To the whole team, because it takes the whole team to win.

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It would depend on the score.  If the team was behind when the backup entered the game, then the backup would get the credit.  If they had the lead before the backup entered the game, give credit to the starter.  Still, it takes a team effort to win.  

In Super Bowl V, Johnny Unitas was injured, and had to be replaced by Earl Morrall, who helped the Colts come from behind to win the game.  

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You would say the team won the game. 

• ?
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

they both deserve credit obviously. the starting qb for his part in the game. and the backup qb for closing the deal.

• Nick
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

The team.

It isn't like they are baseball pitchers, W-L isn't a QB stat.

• 2 months ago

I would say the team won the game just like always.  Why would credit be given to any individual in a team sport?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.