Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 2 months ago

Should I contact him or find closure another way?

I was with a guy a few years ago but I still haven't moved on and miss him

We stopped talking without proper closure

He has a girlfriend and child now so I don't know if it's a bad idea me messaging him for closure? As he may tell his girlfriend and I don't think she'd be happy

• Helen
    Favorite Answer

Messaging him will do the opposite of closure. All you'll achieve is the reopening of old wounds. Closure has to come from you.

• tony

move on as he has with his family.the heart wants what the heart wants.as 4 closure and contact You two wouldn't have gotten to this point if you had good communication. Don't expect it now.  For every "why" your ex might be able to answer, there are probably 10 he can't or won't. Or will, leaving you even more hurt and confused.

Let it go. I wouldn’t be too happy if I were his gf. Please don’t mess it up. 

• A X

Grow up! You both moved on years ago. You could have messaged him anytime in the past few years, but you haven't. You need "proper closure" to move forward about as much as a fish needs a bicycle. What you're feeling at this point is an obsession that you may need professional help to get rid of... and to build your self esteem to the point that you don't need to be told why someone has drifted away from you. People move on... I suggest you do that without trying to disrupt a new relationship the other person has formed.

Bad idea. Why not see the fact that he has a girlfriend and a child now as closure?