Record player with RCA output?

I see two record players that are on sale for the same price (normally a $20 difference). One of the record players has an RCA output. I am not too familiar with record players and just want to know what would be the benefit of buying one with an RCA output. For what purposes would I use that?

Also, drop some of your favorite records!!!!!

You can connect the record player to speakers or amplifiers.

I am connecting a Bluetooth speaker. For this, I bought Larnt’s RCA to 3.5mm adapter.

• ?

rca out is for the record player to connect to an amp , the other uses built in speakers so you can heard the record , rca need an amp to listen to songs .

RCA outputs allow the player to connect to amplifiers using RCA patch cords. These cords are cheaper than a wireless connection and they also have more accurate frequency response and better signal to noise ratio than a wireless connection. 

Find a local audio nut who will help you in person   

with the purchase of a real turntable, either new or used, 

and the other equipment needed to make a complete system.      

RCA is just the plug used.  There is no difference in what type of plug they use, other than what type of plug works best for you.

RCA plugs are mono devices, so for stereo you would need 2 of them.

RCA plugs are an older standard for audio, so many devices use them.  It's kinda like the video plug on your computer.  Some people still use VGA, while other need DVI or HDMI or display port.  If your monitor only had a VGA plug, you would want one that had that plug, or you would have to buy adapter plugs.

RCA plugs are fairly reliable, and can be plugged in and out many times without wearing out so easily.  3.5mm stereo plugs tend to wear out over time.

Records (LPs or singles / "Vinyl") are a fad. The only reason to have them is nostalgia, rather like someone keeping a vintage car.

Neither is in any way superior to newer technology, it's just a different experience.

Plus with LPs, unless you use very! good equipment, they will rapidly deteriorate, losing quality each time they are played.

If you get any kind of turntable under something like 300- just for the turntable, you may as well just throw you money away rather than getting LPs, it will be a waste.

I lived through the original "vinyl era" and remember the dramatic change in quality when they were introduced to replace scratchy mono 78 discs.

The change to CDs was another similar dramatic improvement in quality.

I still have an exceptionally high quality 80s linear tracking turntable and many original albums and singles - but I keep then for curiosity value, not quality.

• Rick

Could the one with the RCA outputs be a 'turn table' only, and not have an amplifier and a speaker ???  The outputs are to connect it TO an separate amplifier ............