Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 2 months ago

Is it a good idea to send a social worker to a domestic incident instead of a police officer?

Favorite Answer

I'm a social worker.  Walking into a domestic dispute with people who possibly are armed is above my pay grade.

Source(s): Let's sacrifice the useless social workers for a change. They ain't doing anything productive. They're a waste money.

Neither of them are there to help so it doesn't make much difference.

They still get paid the same, if they do a good job or not.

• Foofa

Ideally having both would be a good idea. But no municipality wants to pay for that. The bottom line is that the police should be the call of last resort. If the US had proper access to mental health there just wouldn't be as many people going off the rails and beating up their family members. Stopping these things long before they start would be the best idea. 

Well, I understand what they are trying to do, but its not practical.  Who gets to decide that its not a police emergency but rather just a domestic incident, and aren't domestic incidents easily something that become very violent?

I understand people being upset over police brutality.....the system needs to get better.

I think the people wanting to do these things are misguided, well meaning but misguided.   I am however more upset by the people who see the George Floyd video and see nothing wrong and come out of it saying....hey I am going to waive a special flag that says I support police brutality.

Having police is not the problem...they just need stronger rules and regulations so that they know they will get in major trouble if they mistreat citizens of any color.....apparently what has been happening is the police unions have gamed the system to make it easy for some police officers to be very bad cops and be held harmless....