Do you think Whoopi Goldberg’s March 2019 pneumonia battle was an early case of Covid before we even knew about it?

• ?

No, that's way too early. It only started in the Fall. October/November 2019 at the earliest.

• Jamie

No because pneumonia is an old illness and easy for doctors to identify .

The earliest known cases are nov/dec. There's speculation it was in Italy in September. Covid spreads quickly so I don't think it could travel around the world undetected for 6 months. If one person gets it a lot of people will get it. 

We knew about COVID in March, but few physicians had seen a case by mid-month.

It's entirely possible that any respiratory illness that got no viral or bacterial testing--its symptoms being the way it was diagnosed--might have been COVID. There are people in the US who were ill as early as December with what was probably COVID. Some have antibodies in their blood even though they were never diagnosed with it.

• Kathy

I doubt that very much.

I doubt it, she's still alive.  

No, but I know how to use a calendar, unlike you.