Why do a lot of people think I am too young to get a life insurance at 22? ?

I am legally an adult, I don’t have kids, don't have a boyfriend, I am not married, and I am old enough to get life insurance, but why?

• car253

You don't  need life insurance right now.  but you will in the future when you have kids and/or bills to pay.   You start young because you can lock in a very low rate.   You have to get life insurance when you are young and healthy and do not need it.    The longer you wait the more it will cost as you get older, get sicker, ect.   Then life insurance will be unaffordable or you will not be able to get it at all if you become unhealthy.

• ?

If you don't have kids, then what do you need life insurance for?  

Life insurance provides for the people other than yourself who were dependent on your income.

At that age, with no family or dependents, I recommend a minimal amount of life insurance to be carried, generally, enough to pay your burial expenses. Quite often, your employer pays for a basic term insurance policy that covers this. I would wait at this time before purchasing what you don't need.

• L

STOP listening to 'people'.  Invest in Life Insurance because the younger you are the cheaper the payments.

You're not too young, but you don't really need it either--you have no one who would benefit from your death if you did have it. But there is certainly nothing that stops you from getting it. There isn't a single insurance company on earth who would turn you down as a customer. 

• garry

never too young , you could die tomorrow , then you dont leave anyone anything , who pays your bills out and funeral costs , as a said you dont know when you meet the maker ..

• Judy

Why would you get it?  Who are you trying to protect?

• Tavy

Say you live until 80. Then work out how much you are paying out each month. It will never match that figure.

You don't need it unless it is just a small policy to cover funeral expenses should pass away for some unfortunate reason. Life insurance is used to provide financial security to family usually, especially a spouse who has children to care for.

Need for life insurance has nothing to do with your age.   I'm 50 and I don't need life insurance either.

There are ZERO people who rely on you for income.   If you were dead, it wouldn't financially affect anyone.   Why would you want to buy something that provides you with absolutely NOTHING?