Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 2 months ago

"Temporarily" suspending comments--not the word for it.  Having been for 6 months, won't Yahoo be done with it to say "no comments again?"?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I do not think they will be putting back comment section. many get rude with others when they comment in the section

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

We dont know what there Plans are its Possible it may be Gone for Good or they may Surprise us one day and it may end up coming back there is just no way to know for Sure 

• 2 months ago

My guess is Verizon is a hair away from just shutting down the site. 

it's become useless.......and usership has to be tanking. 

• 2 months ago

Verizon Media, NOT YAHOO, NEVER SAID IT WAS TEMPORARY. It was 5 months ago, not 6, July 23. They asked for feedback and gave an email address. Many of us?ASSUMED igneous be temporary because it WAS temporary when Yahoo did it in 2012 and 2016. That was long BEFORE YA had comments on answers.  Verizon Communications and Verizon Media now Owns Yahoo. They make the decisions now,  NOT YAHOO. 

Complain to Verizon Communications. Verizon and Yahoo staff DO NOT READ OR MONITOR THE YA FORUMS. The sooner you SHUT UP and stop exploiting the entire YA community and misusing the YA platform the better. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

And your question for us is what? No one here can do a thing about the comment function, nor can we speak for Yahoo/Verizon. Some users miss it, some don't. It may or may not be returned at some point. Just because it's been gone for "6 months" (actually 4, as it was removed on 23 July), doesn't mean it will never be reinstated (although I would be content if it wasn't).

• 2 months ago

We can hope they are gone forever. Remember, there is no dedicated YA staff to make that decision and Verizon may not make a decision until Jan 20. With all the vile, racist, illegal posts even now, do we really need to start again.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.