Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

How to tell my parents I move to move back home?

Graduated college in May and had been living with my parents sense. I recently moved into an apartment about 25 minutes away with a friend but am missing home so bad. My girlfriend was also close by and I miss her as well. 

I signed a year long lease but I work virtually due to the pandemic. I honestly just want to take some stuff back to my parents house and work from there for a while. Logistically it wouldn't be an issue, I am just embarrassed to tell my parents.  

• ?

probably the same way you just told us

You are a college graduate and think "sense" makes sense in this sentence?

Tell them what you've told us.

When talking with them, I would just mention your thought about moving home with them and you'll know where you stand. But, remember. You will legally owe the balance of your share of the lease unless your friend can find another roommate that is agreeable to the landlord.

• Foofa

I'd first try to suss out whether your parents would even take you back right now. If they're smart they'd probably make you undergo a quarantine in the garage for 10 days to make sure you don't make them sick. 

• ?

Perhaps you should ask yourself whether you're only feeling this way now due to the pandemic, because you're lonely. 

If you felt this way even before then, just tell them. They're your parents - you shouldn't be embarrassed.

• ?

No need to be embarrassed you accomplished what you set out to do finish college and start your life again with family friends and your mate. Keep things in order as you try to transition keep a calm heart your peace of mind and simply talk to your parents regarding your desires. Pray over matter it can’t hurt. 

If you want to run the risk of bringing the coronavirus germs to your parents, by all means, run back to mommy and daddy's home.  Even if you don't have symptoms, you could be a carrier.

Sorry, but you need to grow up.

• ?

The Virgin Mary is Our Lady of Good Counsel.  She can advise one with any dilemma in life.  It is good to honor her every day by reciting the rosary with care and sincerity.